Thursday, February 25, 2010

Distractions

Don't get distracted from your goal. If you want to get free then DO IT. Don't let other goals sneak in and steal your thunder. If being debt free isn't your number 1 goal, then focus on your number one until it is time for you to get debt free.

However, if being debt free is numero uno, then by all means, GET TO IT.

NOW

Not later.

NOW!!!

Remove distractions, and you will be more effective in your efforts.

Here is an example (because I love examples):

Say your number one goal is to be debt free, but you also want to finish your education one day. Unless the finishing of your education is DIRECTLY correlated to being debt free.

And I don't mean if your income MIGHT go up if you get a 2-4 year degree higher. I mean absolutely directly. Like the promotion is promised based on school completion, and you will be getting debt free faster because of it. Also, if you don't have the money for it (in cash), then you aren't ready to buy it. Period. NO exceptions. Side note: I cannot count how many times I have paid for something when I thought I absolutely needed it, and then it turned out that I didn't need to purchase it for whatever reason (like the government paid for it--thank you FAFSA).

Sometimes things that feel extremely urgent aren't really urgent at all. Sometimes it's a God issue. You need to let go and let God.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,

and do not rely on your own understanding


Proverbs 3:5


*Translation is from the NET Bible, which can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment