Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If it sounds too good to be true...

So I went to IHOP for the "free" pancake day. I knew that there was a donation involved, but I figured it would be worth it. Long story short, we ended up at Village Inn and it was much more than free. Remember that nothing in life is truly free. Someone has to pay a price for it. Even if you aren't paying the price at this time, you may be paying for it without even knowing it. For example, our country. No, I'm not talking taxes.

I am talking troops. People have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. Even our freedom to be taxed by our government (don't like it, don't elect it).

In short, always count the cost, and be thankful--even if you didn't pay for it directly. We will talk about indirect payment later. Maybe today, maybe not...

No comments:

Post a Comment